Youth Arts New York
Youth Arts New York is a 501(c)(3) charitable corporation devoted to providing experiences in the arts and sciences that engage youth in building a peaceful and sustainable future, and is the parent organization of Hibakusha Stories. The Youth Arts Guiding principles are:
• Encourage self-expression in a safe, creative, environment
• Develop a student-centered learning communities
• Create an intergenerational communities of alumni, parents and children
• Form partnerships with a diverse group of artists, scientists, designers, community leaders and other members of civil society
• Introduce students to their interconnectedness with the natural world
• Build peace, global understanding and friendship
• Create a sustainable future for our children and grandchildren
Youth Arts New York has been focusing much attention on the Hibakusha Stories initiative, but with a major just-completed upgrade they are soaring into new territory with their Sustainable Hudson Project.
About the Youth Arts NY Site:
Youth Arts finally got the first-class treatment it deserves with an elegant 2017 upgrade to a new Avada theme codebase for extraordinary flexibility and security. As the parent organization of it’s star program, Hibakusha Stories, Webworks and the Youth Arts Founder Robert Croonquist decided to use the same clean WordPress theme for both to establish a similar look and feel. Many colorful images from the different programs are used to great effect to visually illustrate the essential need to engage youth in building a peaceful and sustainable future. This major upgrade saw extensive page rewrites to clarify YANY’s new vision and impetus.